Stages of shipping to the US

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by RoadRed Mechanic, Oct 22, 2014.

1. RoadRed Mechanic

RoadRed Mechanic Active Use

I have ordered from ModUP many times so I anted to document the shipping process for everyone else who my have questions. I will update this daily! So far, everything is completely normal for this stage of the order.

I am in the southern US

Attached Files:

JKT likes this.
  2. JKT

JKT Active Use

What a cool idea, thank you! I will do the same next time that I order.it would be neat to see how shipping works in other countries too! Maybe some other people will post screen shots as their packages track.

3. RoadRed Mechanic

Today's updates...still normal image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. RoadRed Mechanic

Today's update looks the exact same as yesterday's pics...still normal!

5. JKT

JKT Active Use

Hey, I just wanted to point out that last week India was celebrating Diwali! This can wreak havoc on the postal system, so I have a feeling that your shipment won't follow the normal shipping pattern.

RoadRed Mechanic likes this.
  6. RoadRed Mechanic

Aha! I'll bet that's true! Thanks for the heads up

So far today, the screen shots are still the same. Even though that's still normal, for me at least, the holiday probably has a lot to do with as well.

7. RoadRed Mechanic

Here are screen shots from thus morning. Everything is progressing normally! image.jpg image.jpg

8. JKT

JKT Active Use

Whooo hoooo! Usually my orders arrives about a week later from that point! Unless customs takes its sweet time...

9. RoadRed Mechanic

Everything still looks the same as yesterday so I won't post any pics today. Everything still normal for me!

10. RoadRed Mechanic

Sorry, haven't updated lately, been super busy! I checked tracking this morning and it still looks the same as the last screen shots I posted.

11. RoadRed Mechanic

Well, pretty much as soon as I posted that, USPS texted me with an update. It's already made it through customs and is on its way to my local post office. I am guessing it will be delivered tomorrow.

IPS tracking and India Post have no updates and show it still in India. image.jpg

12. JKT

JKT Active Use

Did you get it today? I was waiting for shipping to straighten out some before I ordered!

If your shipping is weird, but you still got your order, I'll feel better about the strange tracking that's occurring right now.

13. RoadRed Mechanic

I was really hoping it would arrive yesterday, but no luck...all tracking info is still the same.

If I remember correctly, it usually says "inbound into customs" after this, but I am hoping it's already through.

14. cky

cky Newbie

I am also currently waiting on an order to the US and until just now it has the same status as your package (processed through sort facility in NYC), strangely with the exact same date and time (maybe our packages were accepted in the same batch from India?). Anyway I just got an update from USPS saying it arrived at the USPS facility in Garden City NY. Kind of strange as I normally get the inbound into customs update like Roadred mentioned when getting packages from India.

15. howahowa

howahowa Newbie

Its always different for me. Sometimes inbound then outbound or just one or the other, sometimes nothing(hits JFK then my door the next day. Customs average for me is 2-3 days

16. cky

cky Newbie

Just got another update (departed USPS facility) so I'm guessing its through customs and on its way. Hopefully yours is likewise.

17. RoadRed Mechanic

18. RoadRed Mechanic

19. RoadRed Mechanic

Usually it is shipped straight from the NY office, this is the first time I have seen it go to NJ.

It must be the time of the year when the postal service gets busy. The NJ facility was set up to handle the overflow from NY when it gets too busy.

Looks like we will have our packages on Friday!

JKT likes this.
  20. JKT

JKT Active Use

I just placed an order yesterday and I will post like RoadRed did also.

Yeah, I bet shipping will be weird until after ther first of the year in the US. I sent a pm to Sophie on reddit so maybe she will announce it and save some people some worry!