Modafinil and Vasoconstriction

Discussion in 'Side Effects' started by pmmyd, Jan 10, 2015.

1. pmmyd

pmmyd Member

Hi there. Today is my first day on Modafinil (200mg taken at 12:15PM EST on an empty stomach shortly after waking up) and I couldn't help but notice that other than appetite suppression, the first major side effect that I'm experiencing is moderate but quite noticeable vasoconstriction. My hands are much more pale than normal and my fingers, especially at the tips, are quite cold. Does anyone else experience this, and if so, how do you choose to remedy it?

2. wakox

wakox New Member

I have not notice that, but i dont think that take something is a good idea, if you have a generalized vasoconstriction check your arterial tension, i usualy feel my body more hot not cold do you have any sicknees?

3. pmmyd

pmmyd Member

I don't have any sort of sickness, no. It's the same characteristic vasoconstriction I've experienced from other drugs before, namely amphetamine, just to a lesser degree. Are you saying that vasoconstriction tends to make you feel hot? I'm not sure why that would be. It tends to make my extremities, namely my fingers, feel cold due to lower blood flow.

And yes, I'm aware that it's not exactly an ideal side effect. I haven't taken any since then, and tomorrow when I take some I'll only be taking 100mg instead of 200mg, and on a full stomach instead of an empty one, and observing the effects.

4. wakox

wakox New Member

When i used 200 of mod i feel my body hot, i dd not notice vasocontriction, anphetamine work with adrenergic sistem wich can explain the vasoconstriction, may be is just the way your body react to this kind of drugs, if you feel the effect that your are suppose to feel and have no bad side effect then there is no problem, and if you take it without an empy stomach you will feel like mod isnt working. (Sorry for my bad english T.T)

5. Steven Richards

Steven Richards New Member

Modafinil
    Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.

Vasoconstriction
    Vasoconstriction (constriction of blood vessels, which increases blood pressure) has been reported by people with breathing difficulty, skin exfoliation, arrhythmias, joint pain, bedridden .