Is there anything that can be done about the urine smell on modafinil?

Discussion in 'Side Effects' started by NootropicFan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. TramMcD

TramMcD Member

Hahaha I've never seen them snort it. I'm pretty sheltered though.

pmmyd likes this.
  2. BrainBoy

BrainBoy Member

I haven't notice any smell at all. I take multi-vitamin and other supplements since I workout a lot. I drink about 1 gallon a day with lemons inside so i don't know if that clears it up or not.
    Other note I notice some other people saying that if their urine doesn't smell that the product is not good. That it could be a fake modafinil . Been trying to find out if that's true or not but I think that drinking enough water will clear the smell.

3. Mangchiboy

Mangchiboy Member

I would have to agree with the majority on this one. The only way to get rid of smelly urine is to drink more water or fluids. There are probably some types of foods that would help with that too. But what's wrong with smelly urine? I can't imagine that it can smell good even if you do drink lots of water. Maybe you can start flushing the toilet as you begin to pee so that you don't have to smell it so much. A courtesy pee flush.

4. 3DGirl

3DGirl New Member

You can tell right away how much potential your pee has to smell bad by the color of it, generally. I drink a TON of water - a consequence of a lifetime habit of drinking soda (even diet) and then quitting - I can't BE anywhere without a glass of water at hand, not even in a medium car ride. I can tell immediately how much water is in my system by the color of my urine. It can go from 100% clear water color to almost Mt. Dew (TMI?), like after a night of drinking too much and eating and not hydrating. Still almost never had a smelly pee though LOL! This whole thread is important but still funny :)

5. duchovnyorcstorm

duchovnyorcstorm New Member

I've never noticed a smell, but then again I drink a lot of water and I don't actively smell my urine.

6. SWGEmu

SWGEmu Member

Thanks for doing some research. I was curious about the mixed results from people.

7. Charl43

Charl43 Member

Readabout this, never experienced it to where it was AWFUL but I have definitely noticed it.

I suggest drinking more water, like loads more water. You would also benefit from something to cleanse your liver- Milk Thistle, NAC, and/or Charcoal before bed might be a good place to investigate.

8. I've never noticed the urine thing. But that may be because I drink a LOT of water when taking mod. I have a 2L jug next to me and drink it throughut the day to avoid dehydration. Maybe this could help you

9. Creeperthecreep

Creeperthecreep New Member

I drink tons of water and I can smell it. It's so bothersome

10. Steven Richards

Steven Richards New Member

I have found no medical literature that suggests that modafinil can interfere with the mitral valve prolapse, and it would seem to me upon reviewing the literature that modafinil doesn't have anything to do with the heart: it solely stimulates one area of the brain and has nothing to do with the heart at all.

11. Ricklonepine

Ricklonepine New Member

I find it interesting that some people are affected while others are not. While searching for this topic, I noticed that the majority of people refer to it as a chemical or nasty smell. With me it is a very strong hay-like odor.
    Thank you for discussing this topic as it was starting to bother me and it is good to know that I am not the only one affected by this.