Headaches

Discussion in 'Side Effects' started by dc234, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Mangchiboy

Mangchiboy Active Use

I've noticed this happening to me sometimes as well. One thing that I did realize was while taking Mod, my appetite for water decreased tremendously. I normally don't drink much water to begin with, and this didn't help much. I noticed occasional headaches, but soon realized that it was all stemming from dehydration. I started to take advil and slept it off. But later after I realized that it might be dehydration, I just chugged as much water as I could and laid down to take a 15 minute nap. It's amazing what re-hydrating yourself can do for your headache. Similar to having a hangover I suppose.

2. Mangchiboy

Mangchiboy Active Use

Has anyone else noticed a difference when taking mod with food or with a lot of water?

I have noticed a slight suppressed effect when taking with a lot of food. Also when taking with a lot of water, I have noticed that there is a much less chance that I will feel any kind of headache or anything like that throughout the day.

3. Johny Carola

Johny Carola Active Use

OP make sure to watch out for alcohol when taking moda. In my case a glass of wine was what I believe the reason of my headaches when on moda.

4. I've suffered from headaches all my life and unfortunately Modafinil tends to trigger headaches, especially when I take 150mg or more. Sometimes I do some (extremely painful) Self-Myofascial Release (SMR) work on my head and neck which can completely eliminate the headache in some cases. That technique only works on certain types of headaches though.

5. _sn0wy_

_sn0wy_ Moderator

Personally, I don't seem to get headaches from Modafinil - however I've noticed that people say that water prevents or reduces headaches incredibly often.

Drinking lots of water seems to be the key! :)

6. amd

amd Active Use

Yes, keeping well hydrated is the key . If that still doesn't work maybe lower the dose or try armodafinil

7. Psychresearcher

Psychresearcher Active Use

I've been experiencing headaches as well, however, I'm not sure I can attribute them to Mod. Personally, I take a handful of nootropics, including a drink commonly sold at grocery stores. This particular product has some of the same nootropics I already use (i.e. Alpha GPC). I'm wondering if thats whats causing my headaches. I drink water by the gallon, so dehydration is unlikely. Although Alpha GPC is purported to reduce headaches when used with Racetams (which evidently can cause headaches), my hypothesis regarding œ-GPC is contrary to other reports.

8. SWGEmu

SWGEmu Active Use

Thankfully I have never had an issue with headaches. I do take my Modafinil with 16fl oz of water and I try to drink water often throughout my day.

9. highachiever

highachiever Active Use

The water is very important. I also find eating enough food during the day even though you aren't hungry helps keep my mood elevated and productivity optimal.

10. Saisontor

Saisontor Newbie

Have any of you tried curcumin (turmeric) or PEA (Palmitoylethanolamide) as natural remedies for headaches? We should understand what is causing the headache. Turmeric and PEA are natural anti-inflammatories.

Or I would like to know if anyone has found benefit from a supplement of choline, although I know it is more suitable for the piracetam and similar substances.

ArmmanNzt491981 likes this.
  11. michaellllllllll

michaellllllllll Active Use

For some reason I get hedaches from Modvigil. Modalert however is fine. Water definitely helps though

12. Actually, I have. I first noticed it when using an enrgy drink called AMP(in the Blue can), made by Mtn.Dew/Pepsi . I take 75mg Waklert by rx.(I dont do this every day, 3 on 2 off usually) Works well, if I eat After taking the med then drink the drink over 20-30 mins, im 'in the zone' before its gone. Then, I tried an actual supplement I found at GNC that is a generic brand of theirs(Choline Bitartrate 250mg) that works exquisitely. However, in recommended dosages, I noticed an increase of facial acne(not norm for me) and had a cholesterol test done and had high LDL levels(not norm, poss not related) but it worked well, took with my bfast, h20, OJ. Very affordable, get a GNC card, do some more research, they are a great source.

13. Id also like to do more research with GABA. Any thoughts on that, anyone?

14. A headache is pain or discomfort in the head, scalp, or neck. Serious causes of headaches are rare. Most people with headaches can feel much better by making lifestyle changes, learning ways to relax, and sometimes by taking medicines.

15. In addition to bad headaches, some unwanted effects may be caused by modafinil. In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.

16. Dr Imhotep

Dr Imhotep Newbie

Several of my patients have had headaches from the typical 200 mg dose of modafinil. I typically recommended that they adjust the dose to 100 mg BID, or one half of a 200mg.tablet twice a day. This seems to eliminate typically the headaches but the decreased dose doesn't have any noticeable effect on the amount of stimulation produced. I don't prescribe the 200 mg dose anymore because of this except in rare cases.