[$20] For a new forum logo

Discussion in 'Need something done? Hire a Modafinil Worker!' started by Sophiek7, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Sophiek7

Sophiek7 Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys,

Thank you all very much for participating in our forum!

To get the job exchange started I am offering $20 (paid via Bitcoin) for a new forum logo, to replace:

[​IMG]

Post your entires below, the best one gets the money!

2. Peteroman

Peteroman Active Member

Hi Sophie, thank you for the opportunity to contribute to the forum this way. I am glad to participate. Please find attached my entry. It has a grid line background to go along with the technical nature of the Modafinil community. I have seen a lot of engineers around the forum, so I think the grid line background is a familiar view to some members here. To go along that same tangent the logo includes a derivative notation "d/du" which is common use in calculus along with the artistic addition of an arrow pointing "up" inserted as the division symbol between d and du. The "o" in modup has also received artistic attention and includes a spherical representation of what looks like a electrons orbiting an atom, or similarly planets orbiting the Sun. Anyway this is my entry hope you enjoy it :) can't wait to see what others come up with

Screenshot_2014-10-12-16-16-41_1.jpg

(edit) I changed the electron cloud in the "o" art. Also, guys feel free to take this logo and make it better, i.e. more symmetrical. This was kind of free hand so it may look like a kindergartener finger painted it in like 20 minutes

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  3. SteveIrwin

SteveIrwin New Member

Hi Sophie, i just saw this now and thought that i'd give it a go.
    I have a history of some minor graphic design, so i made a quick (5 minutes of work) mock up.

[​IMG]

Please give feedback, it'd be lovely to know if you have colour preferences or any ideas of what you'd like to see.

Also, the reason i made it big is so that when you implement it, you can scale it down to 50% so it will look nice on a retina display.

edit;
    [​IMG]

This one has less of a 'flat' feel

edit;
    Had 15 minutes free time this morning before work so I did something closer to your current one (with the exception of the green line and the scholar had :p), the first is what it'd look like over a blue background (the forum theme) and the bottom one is without any background.

@Sophiek7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit;

another one, this time, no scholar hat or green line. only a science/chemistry symbol around the "o" with a white tablet in the middle (similar to the modafinil)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    improve247, Peteroman and dc234 like this.
  4. SteveIrwin

SteveIrwin New Member

@Sophiek7
    any feedback so i can improve my mockups?

5. westgate

westgate Member

Here are a couple. First one is a conceptual logo representing a brain going from blue to red, from inactive to active with an up arrow to represent modafinil and the title of the website. . The second one goes along similar themes but with a different design style.

logo2.png

logo3.png

Peteroman likes this.
  6. westgate

westgate Member

logo4.png

logo5.png

Peteroman likes this.
  7. Charl43

Charl43 Member

Placeholder for my logo attempt. Awesome idea Sophie!!!!

8. rkayd

rkayd Member

Some good efforts. My favourite so far:

9. pmmyd

pmmyd Member

Cool thread. I personally have no experience with any sort of graphic design but I would have to say that my favorites so far have been either SteveIrwin's first image, or Westgate's second one.

10. Katemaree

Katemaree New Member

I like
    I quite like this one

11. pmmyd

pmmyd Member

Slightly off-topic question, but how exactly would we quote an image in a post? Do we have to actually save the image, and then re-upload it? Just a bit confused since the image shows up in post #8 but not in post #10.

Or is this something related to the way this forum displays nested quotes?

12. Peteroman

Peteroman Active Member

I guess you have to quote the original post

13. pmmyd

pmmyd Member

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation.

14. Sophiek7

Sophiek7 Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    This is our winner!

If you could please place the "MOD" and "UP" closer together, and make the background transparent, and reduce the height to 70px, we will use the logo here :)

Please also message me your wallet address.

Thank you everyone for your effrots, we appreciate it all!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    westgate and pmmyd like this.
  15. rkayd

rkayd Member

Good choice! :)

16. pmmyd

pmmyd Member

Might just be a formatting issue, but for some reason the image in your post isn't actually showing up to me. I can take a screenshot and show you what I mean if you'd like.

17. Peteroman

Peteroman Active Member

^same

pmmyd likes this.
  18. westgate

westgate Member

Thanks Sophie! Here's the logo with the changes you requested, let me know if you want anything else changed.

Attached Files:

afroxiii and Charl43 like this.
  19. pmmyd

pmmyd Member

Awesome final product. Congrats on winning the contest.

20. Charl43

Charl43 Member

Westgate, AWESOME new logo!!! The brain and the human mind- totally captures the "magic" of Modafinil, in a slick, clean logo.

by the way, how freaking cool is it that Sophie and Modup.net have offers like this??!! What other company out there has offers for free 2 month supply of their product, and what company via contest asks its customers to help design a new logo to win a prize? Modup.net! The company does everything right! (in my experience) I never had a problem that was not solved very quickly, and resolved with a solution superior to the original issue in question. Modup = 100